The aim of the course is to familiarize students with the basic principles of immunology. Particular emphasis will be on infectious diseases that affect the current and future challenges in global health.
1. Immune system and immunity. View immunity. Based immune reactions. Antigens. The organization of the immune system.
2. Types of immune responses. Structure and properties of antibodies. Complement. Genes and histocompatibility antigens. Cytokines. Chemokines.
3. Mechanisms of immune responses. Physiological course of immune reactions. Humoral immunity. Cellular immunity.
4. Mechanisms of non-specific immune responses. The regulation of immune reaction. Immunotolerance.
5. Infectious sexually transmitted diseases.
6. Infectious Diseases.
7. Non-infectious diseases. Malignant diseases. COPDs. Emphysema.
8. Neurodegenerative diseases.
9. Chronic degenerative diseases.
10. Epidemic. Pandemic.
11. How researches contribute to global health? prevention, treatment, rehabilitation
12. importance of global networking to improve global health
13. Organizations working in the field of global health; World, European and Croatian institutions dealing with health
14. Global and regional health problems International Classification of Diseases