1. Definition of mineral, three-dimensional periodic framework, crystal lattice, unit cell, crystal systems
2. Morphology, symmetry elements on crystal polyhedra, crystal forms, habit, zone
3. law of the constancy of the angles, spherical projection, stereographic projection, Wulff's net
4. law of rational relationship of parameters, designation of lines and planes
5. Point groups, their Herman-Maugin symbols and names, general form
6. forms in cubic crystal system
7. forms in representative classes of tetragonal and hexagonal system
8. forms in holosymmetric classes of orthorhombic, monoclinic and triclinic systems, problems of symmetry determination
9. definition of crystal structures, atomic coordinates, glide planes and screw axes
10.-11. Bravais lattices, space groups, International crystallographic tables
12. dependence of crystal structures on chemical bonds, coordination number and coordination polyhedra, isomorphism, polymorphism, pseudomorphism
13. solid solutions, exsolution, crystal defects
14.-15. X-ray diffraction, Bragg's law, Laue's equations, principles of determination of unit cell dimensions
To know and understand the basic concepts on three-dimensional framework of crystallized matter and symmetry principles.
To know and understand the mineralogical nomenclature and symbols.
To determinate the crystal symmetry.
To identify the crystal forms.
To construct the stereographical projection.
To determine the phase from X-ray powder pattern by comparison with data base.