|Public phone number:||+385 1 4606 370|
|Internal phone number:||6370|
|Department:||Division of General and Inorganic Chemistry|
integrated undergraduate and graduate
Education at Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb: Diploma thesis (Teacher of physics and chemistry, 1985); Master degree thesis (Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, 1987); Doctoral thesis (Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, 1994).
Affiliation and current position: Associate professor, Division of General and Inorganic Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb (2012-)
Previous positions: Assistant Professor (2001 – 2012); Senior Assistant (1996 -2001); Assistant (1985 – 1996), Division of General and Inorganic Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb.
Research interest: X-ray crystallography of small molecules with potential pharmacological activity (derivatives of azithromycine, lorazepame...), organometallic compounds; X-ray powder diffraction; chemistry education research and practice
Scientific papers: co-author of 41 scientific and professional articles
Awards and recognitions and memberships:
Rector's award of the University of Zagreb for the year 1985
(2004 - ) Committee for Teaching methods, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb, member and head of the task group;
(2005-2021) State Matura in chemistry, National Centre for the External Evaluation of Education (head of the task group 2013-2015);
(2004-2019 ) Member of the National Committee for Student's Competitions and Reviews in Chemistry (head 2012-2019), Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of Republic of Croatia, Education and Teacher Training Agency of Croatia and Croatian Chemical Society;
Member of the Croatian Chemical Society, Croatian Association of Crystallographers
Participation in research projects:
Ministry of Science, Republic of Croatia project ''Evaluation, development and modernization of teaching and learning of chemistry in Croatia'' (2007–2010)
Project participant (Ministry of Science, Republic of Croatia projects; Croatian Science foundation):
2014 – 2019 ''Essential metal ions in Helicobacter pylori proteins and model compounds - structure and function/property''
2007 – 2013 ''Structural investigation of biological macromolecules by X-ray diffraction''
2002 – 2005 ''Development of new therapeutic and diagnostic substances for gene therapy of cancer''
Note: this list of papers is located in an maintained by the Ruđer Bošković Institute which is in charge of the Croatian Scientific Bibliography Database (CROSBI). This link will take you to the appropriate CROSBI page of this person, containing a list of papers they have themselves entered in the database.
1. Djokić, S., Kobrehel, G., Lopotar, N., Kamenar, B., Nagl, A., Mrvoš, D.: Erythromycin Series. Part 13. Synthesis and structure elucidation of 10-dihydro-10- deoxo-11-methyl-11-azaerythromycin A, J. Chem. Research (S) (1988) 152-153, (M) (1988) 1239−1261.
2. Djokić, S., Vajtner, Z., Lopotar, N., Mrvoš-Sermek, D., Kamenar, B., Nagl, A.: Complexes of azithromycin with some divalent metal ions, Croat. Chem. Acta 68 (1995) 375−381.
3. S. Raić-Malić, L. Tomašković, D. Mrvoš-Sermek, B. Prugovečki, M. Cetina, M. Grdiša, K. Pavelić, A. Mannschreck, J. Balzarini, E. De Clercq and M. Mintas, Spirobipyridopyrans, spirobinaphthopyrans, indolinospiropyridopyrans indolinospironaphthopyrans and indolinospironaphtho-1,4-oxazines: synthesis, study X-ray crystal structure, antitumoral and antiviral evaluation, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry 12 (2004) 1037–1045.
4. S. Šimičić, D. Mrvoš-Sermek, Identifying and Analyzing the Misconceptions Associated with the Concept of Chemical Equation, Croatian Journal of Education (CJE), 20 (2018) 111−131.
5. M. Tašner, D. Mrvoš-Sermek, E. Hajdarpašić, D. Matković-Čalogović, Dinuclear copper(II) acetate complex with caffeine, a fast mechanochemical synthesis, Contributions Sec. Nat. Math. Biotech. Sci. 39 (2018) 91−101.