Numerical modeling of the sea dynamics. Basic equations, discretization, finite differences, convergence, stability, analysis of numerical schemes for the shallow water equations. Typical approximations, boundary conditions, classification of the models. Princeton Ocean Model (POM). Verification of the model through comparison with analytical solutions. Application of the POM to the whole Adriatic and to the selected coastal area. Investigation of the relationship between wind and buoyancy-driven dynamics.
- Mesinger F. (1976): Dinamička meteorologija. Građevinska knjiga, Beograd.
- Mellor G. L. (1996): Introduction to Physical Oceanography. Springer, New York.
- Mellor G. L. (1998): User Guide for a Three-dimensional, Primitive Equation, Numerical Ocean Model. Princeton University, Princeton.
- Blumberg A.F. and G.L. Mellor (1987): A description of a three-dimensional coastal ocean circulation model. In: Heaps N.S., (Ed.), Three Dimensional Coastal Ocean Models, Coastal and Estuarine Science, 4, American Geophysical Union, Washington, D.C. 16 pp.
- Mellor G. L. and T. Yamada (1982): Development of a turbulence closure model for geophysical fluid problems. Reviews of Geophysics and Space Physics, 20, pp. 851-875.