COURSE AIMS AND OBJECTIVES: To give students an insight into risks, problems and critical success factors of software projects. Mastering the roles and functions in management of software projects. Understanding the phases and processes within the software project life cycle. Understanding various techniques of planning and managing software projects. Reviewing some basic methods of designing, implementing and testing software; understanding interaction of those methods with project network plans. Presenting various methods of software team management. Understanding needs and techniques for management of user requirements. Enabling students to use project-planning techniques by applying a suitable software tool, e.g. Microsoft Project.
COURSE DESCRIPTION AND SYLLABUS:
1. Introduction. Project Management Basics. Software Project Planning and Management Scope. Software Project Organization, Documentation and Technology. Project Planning Phases.
2. Project design and planning. Elements and interactions in networked plan. Time Analysis. Cost Analysis. Project Hierarchy and Interactions. Project Resources and Project Resource Management.
3. Project Risk and Project Change Management. General Risks. Software Project Risks. Risk Identification and Management. Software Project Change Management.
4. Control, Reporting, Communications. Project Reporting System, Project Management and Control Components (planned, Actual). Project Communication Techniques and Technologies.
5. Software Project Portfolio Management. Portfolio and Portfolio Management.
6. Standards and Networking. Project Management Standards. Inter-organizational Project networking.