1. Biological diversity
2. Diversity of individual groups of animals in Croatia
3. Assessment of the risk of extinction, endangered species, Red List
4. Endangered species of invertebrates and vertebrates in Croatia, priority EU species
5. Practical methods of species protection, Management plans for strictly protected species
6. Introduction to area protection, categories of nationally and internationally protected areas, protected areas in the Republic of Croatia
7. Natura 2000 network; principles and settings, evaluation of the acceptability of interventions
8. Conservation plans and programs
9. NP Velebit, NP North Velebit, NP Risnjak, NP Paklenica, NP Dinara
10. PP Biokovo, NP Krka, NP Plitvička jezera, PP Žumberak-Samoborsko gorje, PP Medvednica
11. PP Učka, PP Lonjsko polje, PP Kopački rit, PP Papuk
12. Brijuni National Park, Telašćica National Park, Kornati National Park, Mljet National Park, Lastovo Islands National Park, Vrana Lake National Park
13. Endemics of the Republic of Croatia, invasive plants
14. Causes of endangered plants in the Republic of Croatia, Red Book of Vascular Flora
15. Basic characteristics of the Croatian flora, flora elements, plants from the Natura list
During the semester, students prepare a seminar paper in selected areas of species and habitat protection. They have to write and present the seminar, and they do it independently. Work at the seminar includes:
1. Defining the topic of the seminar
2. Using Internet databases that search scientific publications, finding older literature.
3. Analysis of available literature, critical reading.
5. Use of the correct form of the seminar work, correct citation of sources of knowledge.
6. Preparation of the seminar presentation, use of appropriate tools for making the presentation.
7. Presentation of the seminar in front of teachers and students.
8. Discussion of the seminar, evaluation of communication skills, evaluation of students' performance in the preparation of the seminar paper.
- Buj, I.: Biološka raznolikost hrvatske flore i faune i ugrožene vrste
- Nikolić T., Milović M., Bogdanović S., Jasprica N.: Endemi u hrvatskoj flori
- Nikolić T. i Topić J. (ur.): Crvena knjiga vaskularne flore Hrvatske. Ministarstvo kulture, Državni zavod za zaštitu prirode, Zagreb
- Gottstein Matočec, S., Ozimec, R., Jalžić, B., Kerovec, M., Bakran-Petricioli, T.: Raznolikost i ugroženost podzemne faune Hrvatske